Saturday, January 22, 2011

2 1/2 Weeks down...10 1/2 Weeks left

So....how's it going?? It's tough. Mentally it's tough to constantly be conscious of what you're eating and when....keeping track of calories, carbs, protein, fat, fiber...I think I've got a pretty good handle on it now. That doesn't make it any more fun...but tolerable. The workouts? Exhausting! The crazy weight our trainer gets us doing is insane to me. Top that with overloading on cardio and I'm not good for much else. I'm trying to not neglect my family too much during this...but it is temporary, and I hope to make them proud and be better for it. Gabriel is totally pulling for me, and very aware of what I can NOT eat. And he tells me. :o) I'm starting to see a change in my appearance, which definitely helps and gives me the boost I need. Monday will be the next measurement/pinch day, so I'm anxious to see the results.

I'm posting a picture (definitely before) of Cara (my partner in all of this) and myself. She's probably sick of me dragging her into my ideas... :o) But she's hanging tough! And it's great support to have someone doing with me.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I think it is awesome and something I would never undertake, but I am anxious to watch your journey

Cara said...

Wow what a fantastic before picture!!! Should have done my hair that morning:0) Ther is no way I could have done this by myself. It really does help to have someone know exactly how I feel on my cranky days. I am glad you talked me into this if for nothing more than the experience. PS I thought I was the only one that thought he had us lifiting crazy weight.